- December 4, 2016 1:00 PMSenior Citizens' Holiday Party
- December 5, 2016Educator of the Year / Support Staff Member of the Year Nominations Due
- December 5, 20168th Grade CAP Program
- December 5, 2016Day 5
- December 5, 2016 3:00 PMBRS Health & Fitness Club
- December 5, 2016 3:00 PMHomework Club
- December 6, 2016Day 6
- December 6, 2016 3:00 PMTutoring
- December 6, 2016 6:30 PMBOE Committee Meeting
- December 7, 2016National Pearl Harbor Day
- December 7, 2016Day 1
- December 7, 2016 9:00 AMWinter Band Concert for Grade 5
- December 7, 2016 9:00 AMWinter Band Concert for Grade 6
- December 7, 2016 1:15 PMWinter Band Concert for Grades 7/8
- December 7, 2016 3:00 PMTutoring
- December 7, 2016 7:30 PMWinter Band Concert
- December 8, 20164th Grade CAP Program
- December 8, 2016Day 2
The PTA is hosting the annual
Holiday Store & Bake Sale
Saturday, December 3rd - 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
With the help of our volunteers, children can experience the joy of giving by shopping the Holiday Store for special gifts for their family and friends this holiday season.
While the children shop and have their gifts wrapped, we invite parents to relax in our Bake Sale Café. Enjoy a cup of coffee and some baked goodies while listening to festive holiday music! Poinsettias, Holiday Keepsake Ornaments and Wildcat Magnets will also be available for purchase.
All proceeds from the Holiday Bake Sale Cafe go toward activities sponsored by the PTA, including assemblies, field trips, and the 8th grade dance.
The Lumberton PTA
HOLIDAY BASKET DONATIONS ARE DUE THIS FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2nd to your child’s classroom.
If you forget, donations can be dropped off NO LATER THAN 5 PM on Friday ONLY to the FLW school.
Many thanks for your support this giving season!
The Lumberton PTA
To all Lumberton Parents and Guardians,
The Lumberton Township School District is proud to participate in the NJ Governor’s Educator of the Year program, through which the district honors one classroom teacher from each school and one educational services staff member district-wide. In addition, we sponsor our own Lumberton Support Staff Member of the Year program, through which one support staff member from each school and one district employee are honored. Please read the descriptions below and consider nominating a deserving Lumberton employee.
1. Governor’s Educator of the Year Program: Do you know a classroom teacher or educational services professional, such as a child study team member, nurse, counselor, speech therapist, occupational therapist, or media specialist, who is dedicated, inspiring, and making a difference? If so, please take the time to recommend this person by completing the Governor’s Educator of the Year program nomination form. Each school will recognize a teacher and the district will honor one educational services professional. Click on the link below to complete the form online: https://docs.google.com/a/lumberton.k12.nj.us/forms/d/1YdPzjy7t5UI4U1-uQvP23itAvvE6aX0WT_WwboUzr8A/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link
2. Lumberton Support Staff Member of the Year Program: Do you know a support staff member, such as a custodian, instructional aide, school secretary, BOE office secretary, EDC employee or other who is dedicated, inspiring, and making a difference? If so, please take the time to recommend this person by completing the Lumberton Support Staff Member of the Year nomination form. Each school will recognize one school support staff member and the district will recognize one district support staff member. Click on the link below to complete the form online: https://docs.google.com/a/lumberton.k12.nj.us/forms/d/1WviWVwZC2LtRbJWh_uL2hjo6xD9bVerBRBUJU7GGwqQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link
If you are unable to complete the online form, you may download one of the attached Word documents, print, and send to the school principal (educator form) or superintendent of schools (support staff form)
The deadline for entries is Monday, December 5, 2016. Help us recognize our exemplary employees through your nominations!
Lumberton Township School District
A reminder think of others this holiday season!
The LMS penny drive ends tomorrow November 23rd, so kindly send in your loose change. All monies collected will be donated to local Lumberton families. The homeroom that collects the most money will receive a pizza party from the PTA.
Last week, forms were distributed to each student, that included a “wish list” for a sponsored child in the district. Please check your child’s folder if you have not received it.
We ask that you please think of those “wish lists” as you shop this weekend. You may also consider going in with others in your class in a joint effort for any big ticket items.
All donations are due Friday, December 2nd.
The Lumberton PTA thanks you for your support and wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
The next Board of Education meeting is scheduled for December 15, 2016 in the BOE conference room starting at 7:30 PM.
This years Annual PTA Bake Sale will take place on Saturday, December 3rd from 9AM – 12PM in the LMS Cafeteria. So pull out those recipes and get your baking supplies ready because we need your help in making this year’s bake sale a great success!
The PTA is requesting your help with providing baked goods, supplies and/or volunteering at this event. Please use the link below to sign up to help and for additional information.
Important PTA Reminders
- Cherrydale Pick UP – Wednesday 11/16 in the BRS All Purpose Room from 5-7PM. Thank you for your support!
- LMS 1/2 day Pretzel Sales – Pretzels and drinks will be on sale in the LMS cafeteria for $1.00 each on 11/17, 11/18, 11/21 & 11/22
- LMS Penny Drive – Loose change collected now though November 23rd. All money collected will be used to purchase supermarket gift cards for Lumberton families in need.
- Skating Parties – Will take place on 11/29 for AES students and 11/30 for LMS students. Both take place at International Sports Center (ISC) 6-8PM
- Holiday Basket – The PTA and district families come together to donate gifts and food to Lumberton Families in need. Donations are due to homerooms by 12/2. You may also volunteer to help using this link – Holiday Basket Sign Up
- Holiday Store – Takes place December 3rd 9AM-12PM @ the LMS Cafeteria. You may also volunteer to help using this link – Holiday Store Sign Up
As always, full details about all PTA events can be found here: www.lumbertonpta.org
In an effort to reduce the number of emails you receive and to streamline our information distribution processes, each school will now be sending out school bulletins on the FIRST FRIDAY of every month only. This once-per-month e-mail distribution will begin with this month’s school bulletins. District Connections will continue to hit your in-box every-other week as usual. Look for them this Wednesday, November 9 (two days earlier than normal because of the short week.)
It is our hope that by eliminating the distribution of redundant information, we can provide only the information you need and help streamline your information sources.
The Burlington County Health Department has 4 children’s flu shot clnics remaining:
1) November 3, 2016, 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. at the Moorestown Mall, Route 38, Moorestown, NJ
2) December 1, 2016, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the Burlington Center Mall, Route 541, Burlington, NJ
3) December 29, 2016, 4:00 – 6:30 p.m. at the Burlington Center Mall, Route 541, Burlington, NJ
4) January 5, 2017, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. at the Burlington County Health Department, 15 Pioneer Boulevard, Westampton, NJ
Please see attached flyer for more information.
Attention ALL middle school students and parents: IT’S TIME TO ORDER YOUR LMS WILDCAT YEARBOOK! The yearbook sale is starting. Your child received an order form in homeroom which explains how to order the 2016-2017 yearbook.
Information was sent by Herff Jones to all parents via email. Ordering online is the easiest way and you can also get the book personalized (additional cost) if you order online only. The website is: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com and put in the code 4725 for LMS. The cost is $26.00 and a partial payment of $15.00 or payment in full is needed by December 22nd. The cost goes up to $30.00 after this date and the hard due date is January 23rd. You don’t want to miss out on getting this book full of memories, so please order now.
NEW THIS YEAR: if an 8th grade student wants to purchase a yearbook, they must do so at this time. Yearbooks will not be provided by the PTA and they will not be given out at the dance. They must be ordered and paid for through the school sale. Don’t be left out in June and miss this keepsake item! If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Hamlet at email@example.com
The PTA would like to thank all of the students, parents, teachers, secretaries and staff that helped support our Box Tops Blitz! We couldn’t have done it without you! A special thank you to the Box Tops committee who clipped and counted an amazing 11,078 box tops earning the PTA $1,107.80!!
The students in the 4 winning classes won a free snack of their choice from the cafeteria.
Let’s congratulate the following winning classes:
FLW – Dr. Mueller’s class collected 299!
AES – Mrs. Pearson’s class collected 422!
BRS – Mrs. Hall’s class collected 436!
LMS – Mrs. Rodzon’s homeroom collected 704! WOW
Again, thank you all for your support and start saving for our next Blitz in January!
Did you know that Lumberton Township Schools now has its own YouTube channel? The district will be posting informative instructional videos as they are developed. You may now view a video that guides you in previewing and selecting “just right” books for your child, and explains the nuts and bolts of Reading Workshop. Simply click on this link to view it:
This new YouTube channel is another way that we’re making that vital connection from our schools to your home.
ATTACHED is a letter providing you with all dates and descriptions of standardized tests that will be administered in the Lumberton Township School District this year. This is a requirement of the State Department of Education, but we are happy to provide you with this information. Any questions please call the district’s Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction at 609-267-1406.
A message from the Lumberton Township School District:
Dear Lumberton Parents and Guardians,
Tomorrow, your child starts back to an exciting new school year! So that you are prepared, we want to let you know about a few changes to the first-day packet he or she will bring home. in order to remain fiscally responsible and to eliminiate paper waste, as well as streamline the process for you, we have moved some of our traditional paper forms to Genesis. These transitioned forms include
- Consent to survey student
- Posting of child’s information on district website
- Family military status
- Permission for child’s photo to appear in news media
- Student use of Internet and district network
You will still have the option to apply tiered permission or non-permission to the above; however, you will grant these permissions directly on Genesis. Please note: you will be required to provide a response to each of the above categories before you may view anything else within Genesis.
You will still be receiving some paper forms that must be completed and returned to your child’s homeroom/classroom teacher during the first week of school. These include
- Lumberton (school-specific) clothing order forms
- Student medical history form
- Conformatoin of viewing of various district policies
- Permission to dispense Tylenol/Advil
- Permission to dispense prescription medication
- Genesis demographic confirmation
- Genesis health contact information confirmation
- Volunteer affidavit
- Locker search and behavior code (LMS ONLY)
You will want to log into the district website at www.lumberton.k12.nj.us to check for other forms that may apply to your child, such as the state physical form for students who participate in extracurricular sports. To find these forms, click on the Parents pull-down menu and click on Forms for Parents, or follow this link: https://www.lumberton.k12.nj.us/forms-for-parents/. You may want to pay special attention to the Medical Forms folder.
Here’s wishing you and your child a great start to your new school year!
Lumberton Township School District
It is our great pleasure to give you the names of our district’s 2015-16 recipients of the Lumberton Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Each one of these fine educational support professionals provides the much-needed classroom and ancillary support that enables each of us to do our jobs better.
Again, we see the work ethic that each one of these outstanding staff members provides, and are happy that they are part of our district family!
Terry Sanders, Administrative Assistant to Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
Sherri DiPaola, Instructional Aide
Jennifer Grimm, School Secretary
Rita Searles, Instructional Aide
Debbie Kahn, Instructional Aide
It is our great pleasure to give you the names of the district’s 2015-16 recipients of the Governor’s Educator of the Year Award. Each one of these fine education professionals has gone above and beyond in and out of the classroom. Please congratulate each one, as they deserve our gratitude and well wishes!
Liz Corej, Speech and Language Specialist
Rachel Williams, 1st Grade Teacher
Tracy Houck, 2nd & 3rd Grader Teacher
Mahe Zaidi, 4th Grade Teacher
Mary Leith, 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
The Lumberton Township School District is committed to providing all students with a safe learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation, and bullying (HIB). Ms. Kim Hoffman is the District Anti-Bullying Coordinator. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-518-0030. In addition to Ms. Hoffman, the contact information for the FLW, AES, BRS and LMS Anti-Bullying specialists can be found on the home page of each respective school.
The district HIB policy can be accessed HERE. Official NJ Department of Education score for the district overall is 64; Florence L. Walther School scored 68, Ashbrook Elementary School scored 67, Bobby’s Run School scored 56, and Lumberton Middle School scored 65. The following ARTICLE explains the HIB scoring process in more detail.
The official 2014-15 District/Schools Self-Assessment for Determining Grades as determined under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act (ABR) (P.L.2010, c.122) can be found HERE. “While completing the Self-Assessment, we learned that our school district/schools have demonstrated strengths in the following area: Character Education. A review of these programs was given at the January 7, 2016 Board of Education Meeting.”
Lumberton Township School District offers children in preschool and grades kindergarten through eight an opportunity to receive a first class education in central Burlington County. For more than a decade Lumberton has been one of the most rapidly growing school districts in South Jersey, educating approximately 1,350 students during the 2016-2017 school year. The district’s youngest students — from preschool to first grade — learn in Florence L. Walther School. Students in grades 2-3 receive instruction in Ashbrook Elementary School. Students in grades 4-5 are educated at Bobby’s Run School. Students in grades 6-8 receive instruction at Lumberton Middle School, a New Jersey Star School. The Lumberton Schools educate students under the leadership of Joe Langowski, Superintendent of Schools, and Thomas Fanuka, Business Administrator. Questions may be directed to the Board of Education Offices, 33 Municipal Drive, Lumberton, NJ 08048, (609) 267-1406.