The Lumberton Middle School educates students in grades six, seven, and eight under the leadership of Mr. Pete DeFeo, principal, and Ms. Meredith Morley, assistant principal. It is located at 30 Dimsdale Drive in Lumberton (08048). The main office phone number is 609-265-0123 and the fax number is 609-265-0476.
The school nurse is Mrs. Betsy Maier and she can be reached at 609-265-0123 extension 3216. Guidance counselors can be reached at 609-265-0123 extension 3106 (Ms. Angela Byers / Grades 7&8) and 609-265-0123 extension 3613 (Mr. Rob DiGiacomo / Grades 6&7). The LMS cafeteria number is 609-265-0123 extension 3912.
HIB: Mr. Robert DiGiacomo and Angela Byers are also the Anti-Bullying Specialists for LMS. They can be reached at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the mailing address and phone numbers listed above. The District Anti-Bullying Coordinator is Ms. Kim Hoffman (email@example.com) and she can be reached at Ashbrook Elementary School, 33 Municipal Drive, Lumberton, NJ (609-518-0030).
The district HIB policy can be accessed HERE. The Lumberton Middle School’s official HIB grade from the NJ Department of Education is 57. The official 2015-16 District/Schools Self-Assessment for Determining Grades as determined under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act (ABR) (P.L.2010, c.122) can be found HERE. “While completing the Self-Assessment, we learned that our school district/schools have demonstrated strengths in the following area: Character Education. A review of these programs will be given at the February 9, 2017 Board of Education Meeting.”
The Lumberton School District is scheduled on a six-day cycle. This allows students to rotate through special classes without interruption from scheduled holidays and unscheduled days off.
|Period||Full Day||Early Dismissal||Delayed Opening +|
|Student Arrival||7:45 a.m.||7:45 a.m.||9:45 a.m.|
|Late Bell||7:55 a.m.||7:55 a.m.||9:55 a.m.|
|Homeroom||7:45 a.m. – 8:05 a.m. *||7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. *||9:45 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.|
|Study Hall/Breakfast||7:55 a.m. – 8:05 a.m.||7:55 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.||9:55 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.|
|Period 1||8:07 a.m. – 8:55 a.m.||8:07 a.m. – 8:36 a.m.||10:07 a.m. – 10:37 a.m.|
|Period 2||8:57 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.||8:38 a.m. – 9:07 a.m.||10:39 a.m. – 11:09 a.m.|
|Period 3||9:47 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.||9:09 a.m. – 9:38 a.m.||11:11 a.m. – 11:41 a.m.|
|Period 4||10:37 a.m. – 11:25 a.m.||9:40 a.m. –10:09 a.m.||11:43 a.m. – 12:21 p.m.|
|Period 5||11:27 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||10:11 a.m. –10:40 a.m.||12:23 p.m. – 1:01 p.m.|
|Period 6||12:17 p.m. – 1:05 p.m.||10:42 a.m. –11:11 a.m.||1:03 p.m. – 1:41 p.m.|
|Period 7||1:07 p.m. – 1:55 p.m.||11:13 a.m. –11:42 a.m.||1:43 p.m. – 2:13 p.m.|
|Period 8||1:57 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||11:44 a.m. –12:13 p.m.||2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.|
|Homeroom||2:46 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.||12:14 a.m. – 12:18 p.m.||2:45 p.m. — 2:50 p.m.|
|Dismissal#||2:50 p.m.||12:18 p.m.||2:50 p.m.|
Bus Arrival — 7:40 a.m. Bus Departure – 3:00 p.m.
* Students must be in homeroom by 7:55 a.m. Any student entering homeroom afterward is tardy and must sign in on the sheet in the main office.
+ Delayed openings may occur during inclement weather or emergencies. The beginning of school is delayed two hours, including morning bus pick up times.
# NO LOCKERS before afternoon homeroom
- 01-23-17 Letter To 8th Grade Parents (406.7 KiB)
- 05-08-17 LMS Graduation Letter (58.6 KiB)
- 2016-2017 High School Open House Info (36.2 KiB)
- 2017 Graduation Practice Permission Slip (96.5 KiB)
- 6th Grade Cycle Course Descriptions 2017-18 (134.6 KiB)
- 6th Grade Honors- Accelerated Math Description (68.4 KiB)
- 7th Grade Chromebook Damage Report Parent Letter (61.6 KiB)
- 7th Grade Cycle Course Descriptions 2017-18 (139.1 KiB)
- 7th Grade Honors Course Descriptions (26.9 KiB)
- 8th Grade Area High School Information (18.0 KiB)
- 8th Grade Chromebook Damage Report Parent Letter (62.1 KiB)
- 8th Grade Cycle Course Descriptions 2017-18 (138.2 KiB)
- 8th Grade Demerit Policy (34.3 KiB)
- 8th Grade Honors Course Descriptions (96.7 KiB)
- BCIT Online Application Process (257.5 KiB)
- Genesis Student Request Form (12.5 KiB)
- LMS Parent Handbook (294.2 KiB)
- LMS-BRS Non-Bused Areas (397.1 KiB)
- STOPit Parent Letter (483.3 KiB)
- Youth Services Resource Guide (13.7 MiB)