A message from the Lumberton Township School District:
Dear Lumberton Parents and Guardians,
Tomorrow, your child starts back to an exciting new school year! So that you are prepared, we want to let you know about a few changes to the first-day packet he or she will bring home. in order to remain fiscally responsible and to eliminiate paper waste, as well as streamline the process for you, we have moved some of our traditional paper forms to Genesis. These transitioned forms include
- Consent to survey student
- Posting of child’s information on district website
- Family military status
- Permission for child’s photo to appear in news media
- Student use of Internet and district network
You will still have the option to apply tiered permission or non-permission to the above; however, you will grant these permissions directly on Genesis. Please note: you will be required to provide a response to each of the above categories before you may view anything else within Genesis.
You will still be receiving some paper forms that must be completed and returned to your child’s homeroom/classroom teacher during the first week of school. These include
- Lumberton (school-specific) clothing order forms
- Student medical history form
- Confirmation of viewing of various district policies
- Permission to dispense Tylenol/Advil
- Permission to dispense prescription medication
- Genesis demographic confirmation
- Genesis health contact information confirmation
- Volunteer affidavit
- Locker search and behavior code (LMS ONLY)
You will want to log into the district website at www.lumberton.k12.nj.us to check for other forms that may apply to your child, such as the state physical form for students who participate in extracurricular sports. To find these forms, click on the Parents pull-down menu and click on Forms for Parents, or follow this link: https://www.lumberton.k12.nj.us/forms-for-parents/. You may want to pay special attention to the Medical Forms folder.
Here’s wishing you and your child a great start to your new school year!
Lumberton Township School District