Dear Lumberton Parents and Guardians,
Tomorrow, your child will start an exciting new school year! To help you prepare, we want to let you know about requirements for school/district forms. On the first day of school, your child will receive a “first-day packet” with forms that must be signed and returned to school. However, in recent years, this packet has been streamlined; therefore, you will need to complete some additional forms when you log into Genesis. Other forms you may want to review are located on the district website. Please use the list below as a checklist when you complete and return required first day forms.
First Day Packet Forms (MUST be completed and returned by all families)
- Free and Reduced Meals Form (Please return completed form to respective schools by your student).
- Authorization to Dispense Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen
- Authorization to Dispense Prescription Medications (must be signed by family physician)
- District Policies and Procedures AND Acknowledgement
- Genesis Demographic AND Health Information Verification sheets
- Health Service Information AND Policies
- School Clothing Order Forms (Complete ONLY if purchasing school clothing)
- Student Health History
- Volunteer Affidavit
- LMS Locker and Property Search (Required for all LMS students only)
Forms in Genesis
You will automatically be prompted to provide a response to the Genesis forms the first time you log into the system each year.
- Consent to Survey Student
- Family Military Status
- Permission for child’s name and/or photo to appear in news media
- Posting of child’s name and/or photo on district website and/or social media
- Student use of Internet and District Network
Forms Online (district website under Parents pull-down menu)
The online forms should be printed and sent to your child’s school nurse as they relate to your child’s health conditions or extracurricular activities.
- Allergy Management Protocol
- Asthma Management Protocol
- Medication Drop-Off/Pick Up Form
- Self-Medication Form and Contract
- Sports Related Concussion Fact Sheet (REQUIRED for interscholastic and intramural sports)
- Student Athlete Injuries and Sign-Off Form (REQUIRED for interscholastic and intramural sports)
- Sudden Cardiac Death and Sign-Off Form (REQUIRED for interscholastic and intramural sports)
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation History Form (State Physical Form; MUST be completed annually to participate in interscholastic and intramural sports.)
You may want to log into the district website at www.lumberton.k12.nj.us to review parent handbooks, Genesis log-in instructions, and other important information. Forms online (titled First Day Forms and Information) will be on the upper right corner of the website to the left of the weather box; the link is directly under the District Calendar link. By returning required forms within the first week of school, you are helping provide a positive start your child’s school year by allowing him or her to participate in all school activities.
Lumberton Township School District