- September 1, 2016Teacher In-Service
- September 1, 2016 1:30 PMAES Meet & Greet
- September 1, 2016 6:00 PM8th Grade Parent Chromebook Distribution Session
- September 1, 2016 6:45 PMKG & PS Meet Your Teacher Night
- September 2, 2016Teacher In-Service
- September 2, 2016 9:00 AMKG & PS Meet and Greet
- September 2, 2016 9:45 AM1st Grade Meet & Greet
- September 2, 2016 11:00 AMBRS Meet and Greet
- September 5, 2016All Schools Closed
- September 6, 2016Day 1
Dear Lumberton 8th Grade Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to those of you who attended our first Parent Chromebook Orientation today. We are happy you were able to walk out with your child’s Chromebook!
We do have some information to provide to you. We learned that student logins were reset over the summer. This means that students will not be able to log into their Chromebooks until they set a new password. Unfortunately, they MUST do this on a district desktop computer on the first day of school.
The second of two scheduled Chromebook Parent Orientation sessions is scheduled for Thursday, September 1 at 6 p.m. We strongly recommend parents/guardians attend this session so their children will have their Chromebooks for the first day of school.
We are resending the required forms and remind you to PLEASE BRING A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER FOR $36 if you are choosing the insurance coverage offered by the school district. Checks should be made out to Lumberton Board of Education. You will need to turn in all three forms and payment (if you choose district-offered insurance) in order to sign out your child’s Chromebook.
Any parent/guardian who does not attend this session will need to make an appointment with Mr. DeFeo to sign out his or her child’s Chromebook.
Lumberton Township School District
Dear 8th Grade Parents and Guardians,
Summer is quickly passing, so naturally, it’s time to think about the upcoming school year. This year, incoming 8th graders will be participating in a modified Chromebook program where they will be able to take home their district-issued Chromebooks throughout the school year. Studies indicate that children who have access to educational technology in school and at home complete homework regularly, perform better in school, and feel more connected to their teachers and classmates.
You are strongly encouraged to attend one of two parent sessions that explains the 1:1 take-home Chromebook model, and allows you to sign out your child’s district-issued Chromebook and take it home that day. These sessions will be held at LMS on Thursday, August 18, starting at 3 p.m. and Thursday, September 1, starting at 6 p.m. Attending one of these two meetings will enable you to understand the program and the responsibilities placed on you and your children in using a district-issued Chromebook.
Please read the attachments and complete the TWO included forms (found here); bring the forms with you to one of these important sessions. This will allow your child to receive a district-issued Chromebook before the start of school! Our 8th grade teaching staff will be integrating Chromebooks into their lessons within the first few days of school, so your cooperation is vital.
Mark Leung, Director of Educational Technology
Pete DeFeo, Principal, Lumberton Middle School
The next Board of Education meeting is scheduled for August 18, 2016 in the BOE conference room.
The Board of Education approved the following at their June 23, 2016 meeting.
- Revised 2016-2017 School Calendar (includes Meet Your Teacher Night Dates)
- 2016-2017 Lumberton Board of Education Goals
- 2016-2017 Lumberton Township School District Goals
Have a great summer!!
Dear Lumberton Parents and Guardians,
Hunger doesn’t take a vacation! Do your children receive free or reduced price lunch and breakfast at school? Are you not sure how you are going to feed them during the summer? Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1‐866‐3‐HUNGRY or visit their website at www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks to find a USDA Summer Meals Program near you, and your children can eat for free. Open to ALL children 18 and younger! No enrollment, no cost! Additional info can be found HERE.
Lumberton Township School District
Congratulations to the Lumberton Board of Education for obtaining certified board status from NJ School Boards Association. The Board completed 18 hours of training over a three year period. The final training was completed at the annual retreat on Saturday, June 11, 2016.
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Thanks to YOUR generous support of our Ladies’ Night Out event, the PTA was able to raise close to $23,000 for our schools! The PTA uses this money to directly support the children in our school district with field trips, assemblies, Chromebooks and other enrichment activities. We couldn’t have achieved this fundraising goal without the support of our community members, district parents, faculty staff and administrators past and present who worked hard to support our event.
The driving force behind this event and the PTA’s other fundraising events is our dedicated volunteers. We couldn’t put on Ladies’ Night Out or other events without the volunteers who donate their time and talents to make every aspect of our events special. The PTA is looking for committed volunteers to help plan and execute fundraising events of all sizes next year. In order to respond to the changing needs of our district and the hectic schedules of our volunteers, we are going to be planning some exciting new events next year. We would love to get some new ideas and new talent to help rejuvenate our events for the next school year.
We would like to invite all district parents to join our PTA and come to a Fundraising Planning Meeting on Monday, June 13 at 7:00 p.m. in the Bobby’s Run School library. Some new events we are considering are a Mother-Son Event and a Couples’ Night Out. Please bring your energy, enthusiasm and ideas so we can start planning for next year! No amount of commitment is too small … we need help in all aspects of planning and executing these events.
If you are interested in being a part of our NEW Events Planning Committee, even if you cannot attend the meeting, please sign up at www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080A4BA5A723A02-fundraising so we can keep you posted about event ideas and planning for next year. Please contact Amy Angradi (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- The PTA wants to celebrate YOU, Our Fabulous Volunteers, this Wednesday, June 8th at 7:00 p.m. in the LMS Cafeteria during our Volunteer Social. All PTA members are welcome to join us for refreshments and our celebration. Don’t miss it!
- If you missed the Mixed Bag Fundraiser pick up last week, please pick your orders up in the main office of your child’s school at your earliest convenience.
- Get your kids excited for summer reading by taking them to the Scholastic BOGO (Buy One, Get One Free) Book Fair on Wednesday, June 15th and Thursday, June 16th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the BRS Lobby. All items are buy one get one of equal value or less free. A perfect opportunity to stock up!
- The Campbell Soup Company is ending its Labels for Education Program as of July, so please submit your labels to your child’s school before the school year ends so that we can obtain materials to be used in our children’s classrooms.
- Remember to keep clipping your Box Tops over the summer months as we will have another “Box Tops Blitz” contest in September.
It is our great pleasure to give you the names of our district’s 2015-16 recipients of the Lumberton Support Staff Member of the Year Award. Each one of these fine educational support professionals provides the much-needed classroom and ancillary support that enables each of us to do our jobs better.
Again, we see the work ethic that each one of these outstanding staff members provides, and are happy that they are part of our district family!
Terry Sanders, Administrative Assistant to Supervisor of Curriculum and Instruction
Sherri DiPaola, Instructional Aide
Jennifer Grimm, School Secretary
Rita Searles, Instructional Aide
Debbie Kahn, Instructional Aide
It is our great pleasure to give you the names of the district’s 2015-16 recipients of the Governor’s Educator of the Year Award. Each one of these fine education professionals has gone above and beyond in and out of the classroom. Please congratulate each one, as they deserve our gratitude and well wishes!
Liz Corej, Speech and Language Specialist
Rachel Williams, 1st Grade Teacher
Tracy Houck, 2nd & 3rd Grader Teacher
Mahe Zaidi, 4th Grade Teacher
Mary Leith, 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher
The Lumberton Township School District is committed to providing all students with a safe learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation, and bullying (HIB). Ms. Kim Hoffman is the District Anti-Bullying Coordinator. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-518-0030. In addition to Ms. Hoffman, the contact information for the FLW, AES, BRS and LMS Anti-Bullying specialists can be found on the home page of each respective school.
The district HIB policy can be accessed HERE. Official NJ Department of Education score for the district overall is 64; Florence L. Walther School scored 68, Ashbrook Elementary School scored 67, Bobby’s Run School scored 56, and Lumberton Middle School scored 65. The following ARTICLE explains the HIB scoring process in more detail.
The official 2014-15 District/Schools Self-Assessment for Determining Grades as determined under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act (ABR) (P.L.2010, c.122) can be found HERE. “While completing the Self-Assessment, we learned that our school district/schools have demonstrated strengths in the following area: Character Education. A review of these programs was given at the January 7, 2016 Board of Education Meeting.”
Remember to support the Lumberton PTA as you shop!
SMILE – You can make a difference!
The Lumberton PTA is always excited and eager to introduce new ways to support the Lumberton School District and your child’s education. With AmazonSmile program it’s simple! Thank You for your continuous support!
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Lumberton Township PTAwhenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you already know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Simply visit smile.amazon.com log-on using your amazon account and select 21020 Lumberton Township PTAas your charity OR visit www.lumbertonpta.org for a direct link.
- Once you choose 21020 Lumberton Township PTA as your charity please be sure to make all your future amazon purchases through smile.amazon.com to support our schools!
There is always more than one way to help! See below for details regarding our other ongoing fundraising efforts.
Target – Take Charge of Education
- Do you have a Target Visa card? If so, Target will donate up to 1% of your purchases to our Lumberton schools! Enroll in any Target store or online at www.target.com/tcoe and be sure to choose one of our Lumberton schools as your designee.
Mixed Bag Designs
Mixed Bag Designs are reusable bags that come in a variety of sizes and patterns. You can shop for Mixed Bags all year long with the code 19008 and 40% of your order will go toward the Lumberton Township PTA. Give out the code to friends and family near and far! Orders can be paid for online and ship directly to the purchaser.
- To order visit: www.mixedbagdesigns.com
Box Tops – for Education
Don’t toss ‘em…Clip ‘em! There are hundreds of products with Box Top labels. Each Box Top collected earns the school $0.10!
- Box Top labels are collected at all school lobbies throughout the year.
- Box Tops Participating Products
Campbells – Labels for Education
From soup, cereal and snacks to dairy products, beverages and food storage – your kitchen is probably full of eligibleLabels for Education® items. These labels earn our schools free merchandise!
- Labels are collected at all school lobbies throughout the year.
- Labels for Education participating product list
Looking to play an active role in your child’s education? Volunteer? Be a classroom parent? Join our committees? Be a Partner in Pride (PiP)?
Join the Lumberton PTA today!
Sign up is easy with online registration!
The Lumberton PTA
Lumberton Township School District offers children in preschool and grades kindergarten through eight an opportunity to receive a first class education in central Burlington County. For more than a decade Lumberton has been one of the most rapidly growing school districts in South Jersey, educating approximately 1,470 students during the 2015-2016 school year. The district’s youngest students — from preschool to first grade — learn in Florence L. Walther School. Students in grades 2-3 receive instruction in Ashbrook Elementary School. Students in grades 4-5 are educated at Bobby’s Run School. Students in grades 6-8 receive instruction at Lumberton Middle School, a New Jersey Star School. The Lumberton Schools educate students under the leadership of Joe Langowski, Superintendent of Schools, and Thomas Fanuka, Business Administrator. Questions may be directed to the Board of Education Offices, 33 Municipal Drive, Lumberton, NJ 08048, (609) 267-1406.